Lecturer / Lecturer for the program of human resources management work with RMIT VIETNAM
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has had campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide high quality, internationally recognized professional education and training to students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources. capacity in Vietnam and the region by welcoming students from Australia and many other countries.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
RMIT Vietnam School of Business and Management has built a reputation for excellence in business and management education, offering high-quality, industry-tailored programs relevant to the domestic and global market . The Management Department includes disciplines: Management, Human Resource Management and Entrepreneurship, International Business, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Business Administration.
We deliver work-ready graduates. In today’s competitive environment, professionals need the skills to adapt to an ever-changing business world. Thanks to RMIT Vietnam’s close partnerships with industry, our students are engaged with some of the best business people in the industry, receiving knowledge and skills directly aligned with their specific career path. At RMIT Vietnam, we equip our students with the skills to solve real-world business problems.
HRM AT RMIT
RMIT University, a thought leader in human resource management education with strong industry connections and a global faculty staff, will collaborate with class talent management consultancy Lee Hecht Harrison worldwide to offer this intensive 5-day course “Contemporary Professional Practices in HRM”. This course is suitable for HR professionals who wish to supplement their work experience with formal learning; or professionals from other fields interested in a professional retraining towards HR.
When you join our HRM program team, as a lecturer or keynote speaker, you will bring your specialist knowledge, training and experience to add significant value and impact to activities related to teaching, research and development. commitment of the industry involved in this role. As an academic staff member, you can expect to team up in undergraduate, master’s, and graduate degree programs while developing your own academic, research, and professional abilities. You will actively promote the HRM program by establishing and maintaining networks and partnerships with the academic, industrial and professional communities (local and international).
For a more detailed overview of the role, please see the JD.
- Relevant doctorate.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching human resource management. (Foreign applicants must have at least 3 years of teaching experience at university level to be eligible for a work permit).
- Industrial or professional experience in areas related to human resource management and ability to work with external partners, industries and organizations.
- Well-established and internationally consistent publication record for senior lecturer appointment.
- Highly rated performance on student outcomes, student experience, and feedback
- Excellent team player
- Culture-savvy and nimble.
EXPECTED RESEARCH PROFILE
To be considered for a position at RMIT Vietnam in our School of Business and Management, you will need to be able to meet the following search criteria:
- For applicants with a doctorate obtained more than 5 years ago: you will need to demonstrate a minimum of 4 articles from peer-reviewed journals, 2 of which must be classified as Scimago Q1 or ABDC A*/A and the others as Q2/B.
- For applicants with a PhD obtained within the last 3-5 years: you will need to demonstrate a minimum of 2 peer-reviewed journal articles, of which 1 must be graded Q1/A and one Q2/B.
- For applicants with a PhD obtained within the last 3 years, although there is no requirement for peer-reviewed journal articles for publication, you will need to have a strong research objective and plan research before joining RMIT Vietnam.
- Very competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese applicants or attractive salary package in USD (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates based on its proven track record in meeting all key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance up to USD 10,000 per staff member; School support up to 15,000 USD per child per year, up to 2 children per family; private insurance coverage for staff and family
- Vietnamese applicants: Bonus Tet 13th month + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- 20 days of annual leave plus 5 days of paid leave at Christmas closing, plus public holidays and 10 days of paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from an experienced mobility advisor to help with work permit and visa application as well as relocation and settling in to live and work in Vietnam.
As an expat candidate, you will need a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit, you will need a PhD and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 3 years of teaching an HRM-related subject in a higher education environment.
English is the language of instruction and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and no band lower than 6.5 (or equivalent).
Positions based in Hanoi and HCMC for senior lecturer and senior lecturer roles
RMIT Vietnam University (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam creates an innovative culture of research, teaching and learning. We are committed to providing internationally recognized, high-quality professional education and training to our students, clients, and community members. As an internationally renowned Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam helps develop human resource capacity in Vietnam and the region.