Lecturer, Human Resources Management job with LA TROBE UNIVERSITY
La Trobe Business School – Lecturer in Human Resources Management – Level C Teaching and Research
- Full Time, Continuous
- Located in Melbourne Bundoora
- Level C – TRP $140,281 – $161,137 including 17% Superannuation
About the position
This role provides an opportunity for an outstanding candidate to contribute to the advancement of the school in teaching and research. The role offers opportunities to further develop management courses and support the delivery of high quality teaching and research.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have a well-developed research program and a strong record of research publications in the Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) A* and A rated journals in the field of human resource management. Expertise in the areas of human resources analysis, performance management or organizational change and development is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have an excellent record of program development and teaching in the field of human resource management, possess exceptional leadership abilities, experience in university administration, and understand the needs of a wide range of students. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially are also key requirements for this role.
Please refer to the job description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
The success of La Trobe University is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly driven, pursuing new ideas and creating knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s leading research providers and Greater Victoria’s largest provider of higher education. Our teaching and research address some of the most important issues of our time and we are passionate about driving change through operational excellence for the benefit of the communities we serve.
About La Trobe Business School
La Trobe Business School is a leading Australian business school committed to improving business learning through education and research that is innovative, accountable and engaged.
- AACSB accredited, MBA ranked in the top 100 worldwide and accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
- Ranked 4th in the world and 3rd in Australia for its overall contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals by the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021.
- Ranked in the top 400 universities in the world by QS World University Rankings 2022 and ARWU 2021.
- Our graduates are highly regarded by industry – ranked second in Victoria for employer satisfaction with our graduates (QILT Employer Satisfaction Survey 2021).
- We offer business and management programs accredited by professional quality assurance agencies including the Australian Computer Society, Australian Human Resources Institute, Australian Marketing Institute, CPA and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
- We offer flexible, forward-looking courses and innovative learning spaces designed for collaboration in learning and teaching.
Welcome to Bundoora Campus – Please click on the video link: https://f.io/KDo0ceng
Advantages: Please click on this link for a full list of benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to register
Please scroll down to apply.
Closing Date: June 10, 2022
Job requests: Professor Aron O’Cass, Dean, La Trobe Business School
E-mail: [email protected] Telephone 03 947 62851
Recruitment requests: Melissa Magaton [email protected]
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
That of the University Health and safety procedure – COVID-19 vaccination and other measures, requires personnel hired to perform on-site work at La Trobe University to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt from vaccination due to a recognized medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work on-site. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine and providing satisfactory proof of vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable point in the key selection criteria found in the job description.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working at our inspiring and stunning campuses – the ideal hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners, and communities now and in the future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian employee working with children check prior to commencement..
Cultural qualities of La Trobe:
We are AccountableWe are ConnectedWe are InnovativeWe Care
La Trobe University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can help you balance your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is a proud member of the Athena SWAN Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) program to advance gender equality in academia.