Hitachi Vantara unleashes data-driven innovation with an edge-to-cloud data fabric based on its intelligent data operations portfolio for enterprise and industrial customers
Data proliferation and governance have become more challenging as data is increasingly distributed across data center, edge, hybrid, and public cloud infrastructure. This complexity can hamper an organization’s ability to turn data into business value. In a recent DataOps survey by 451 Research, data privacy, compliance, and data access and preparation are top priorities for data-driven organizations.
Today’s additions to the Lumada DataOps portfolio enable organizations to create a transparent data structure governed by an enhanced data catalog for automated data quality improvements and governance. With the latest data integration updates powered by Pentaho technology, customers can reduce the time and complexity to discover, access, prepare and merge data across multiple data sources and locations. The new Lumada Industrial DataOps portfolio includes IoT analytics models for industrial environments that seamlessly merge IT and OT data to unlock transformational business insights.
“Unlike traditional data management solutions that lock customers into proprietary technologies, Lumada DataOps and Lumada Industrial DataOps portfolio products augment any ecosystem to manage and govern data from anywhere,” said Radhika Krishnanproduct manager at Hitachi Vantara. “No matter where our clients’ data resides, we help them discover, analyze, govern and monetize it with Lumada DataOps in addition to data and analytics consulting services, helping clients propel their business forward. with better data insights.”
Intelligent data operations at the edge to the multicloud data fabric
Lumada DataOps lets you automate day-to-day data collection, integration, governance, and analytics on an intelligent platform that provides an open, composable foundation for all enterprise data, while providing access to self-service data to their choice of tools and analytics. Today’s updates from Lumada DataOps include:
- Data catalog – Accelerate business insights with Data Catalog v7.0 using trusted data powered by IO-Tahoe technology, including a powerful new user interface, data quality, and Collibra connectivity.
- Data integration – Integrate hybrid cloud data with Pentaho v9.3 with flexible cloud deployment and new connectors for cloud data stores like Snowflake, MongoDB Atlas, Teradata, Elastic Search7.x and IBM MQ 9.2.
Convergence of IT and OT data for digital industrial operations
Hitachi Vantara’s new Lumada Industrial DataOps portfolio enables real-time insights and results that make critical operations more predictable and manageable. It accelerates the convergence of IT and OT data by creating a data structure for analytics solutions from edge to multi-cloud. Lumada Industrial DataOps IIoT software automates data pipeline delivery across OT and IT sources, powering industrial AI and ML models for predictive maintenance and operations optimization. Capabilities of the new Lumada Industrial DataOps portfolio include:
- IIoT Core – Accelerate and scale the deployment of operations applications with a comprehensive IIoT data platform including Core, Gateway, Digital Twins and Machine Learning Services.
- IIoT analysis – Simplify the creation of AI and ML solutions with toolkits that simplify delivery through digital twins packaged with pre-trained ML models.
Armed with clean and accurate data, organizations can leverage advanced operational analytics capabilities such as digital twins and AL/ML models to predict and prescribe operational decision-making.
One of our major customers using Hitachi Vantara technology is Disney Parks and Resorts. Hitachi Vantara is the Official Ride and Show Analytics Provider for WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort and DISNEYLAND® Appeal.
“In order to maintain our complex ride systems, we are constantly capturing and ingesting data from multiple touchpoints throughout the ride, striving to optimize the efficiency of our systems and continuing to maintain the experience. of attraction as seamless as possible,” said Michel TschanzDirector of Design & Engineering Technology & Analysis at Disney. One project that I personally think is the coolest thing we’ve worked on together this year is our development of Digital Twin analytics technology. “Digital Twin simulations help us solve the challenge of doing analytics on certain areas of our attractions where we are not able to put sensors. This innovation will result in even higher levels of analytical accuracy.”
Register for our webinar – March 24, 2022 at 9 a.m. PT: Optimize your Data Fabric for digital innovation
Additional supporting quotes:
- “The data integration capabilities provided by Pentaho have been instrumental in managing our diverse datasets and providing data-driven insights that enable our organization to make effective, cross-functional decisions,” said declared Dale Bloomhead of credit risk analysis at MarketAxess, the leading electronic fixed income trading platform for institutional investors and broker-dealers. “The new data store integrations allow us to flexibly connect even more data, easily identify and establish controls that address data flow disruptions, and seamlessly deploy in hybrid environments to better serve our industries.”
- “Centrica serves millions of residential and commercial customers with a full range of energy services and products that extends to insurance, repair services and smart energy management solutions. Each Centrica brand is strongly customer-focused and we rely on accurate data to drive new innovations in sustainable energy and enable communities to use energy efficiently.The speed at which we can discover and apply insights from data allows us to continuously improve our customer experience and achieve our zero carbon energy goals Lumada Data Catalog allows us to fully automate data discovery across our hybrid data fabric and enables us to effectively meet our regulatory compliance commitments Work with Hitachi Vantara to improve our data privacy controls es also helps us reduce operational risk and demonstrate our commitment to our customers as a trusted energy provider,” said Eddie EdwardsGlobal Chief Data Officer at Centrica Plc.
- “Our partners are looking to deliver more data management solutions and services that drive the agility and value of their data at a significantly lower total cost of ownership and faster realization of benefits,” said Omar GalbraithCEO of Ethos Technology, a Hitachi Vantara distributor of innovative technology based in the UK. “Lumada DataOps has allowed us to elevate our conversations with partners who have migrated to automating hybrid cloud data management so they can accelerate how data can be applied, governed, protected, served. and consumed within their customers. Partners can develop a portfolio of value-added managed services that elevates them beyond the traditional single transactional delivery of products.”
- “Organizations of all kinds are quickly realizing the value of a data strategy that leverages all of the organization’s resources from customer, operational and live environments,” said David MenningerSenior Vice President and Director of Research, Ventana Research. “Hitachi Vantara’s Lumada solutions help organizations discover, analyze and distribute compelling data and insights to the right stakeholders.”
Lumada DataOps Data Catalog updates are available worldwide today. Pentaho 9.3 will generally be available in May 2022. Lumada Industrial DataOps software will be available in late April from Hitachi Vantara and its global network of partners.
Connect with Hitachi Vantara
About Hitachi Vantara
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from the present into the future by solving their digital challenges. Alongside each client, we apply our unparalleled industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of Fortune 100 companies trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, reduce costs, improve customer experience, and deliver social and environmental value. Visit us at www.hitachivantara.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), whose registered office is located in Tokyo, Japan, contributes to a sustainable society with a better quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as a social innovation enterprise. Hitachi is focused on strengthening its contribution to the environment, the resilience of business and social infrastructure as well as comprehensive programs to improve safety and security. Hitachi solves problems faced by customers and society in six areas: IT, energy, mobility, industry, smart life and automotive systems with its proprietary Lumada solutions. The company’s consolidated revenue for fiscal year 2020 (closed March 31, 2021) totaled 8,729.1 billion yen ($78.6 billion), with 871 consolidated subsidiaries and approximately 350,000 employees worldwide. For more information about Hitachi, please visit the company’s website at https://www.hitachi.com.
HITACHI is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi, Ltd. All other trademarks, service marks and company names are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCEHitachi Vantara Corporation