Counseling sessions, career assistance and more
Amazon Singapore Launches New Employee Mental Health Support: Counseling Sessions, Work Life Support and More
Written by Lester Tan
New and existing mental health support initiatives are available to all full-time employees – and their families – regardless of role, level or position.
To better support the mental wellbeing of the workforce, Amazon Singapore on March 24, 2022 (Thursday) launched a new mental health benefits package that provides its employees – and their families – with support personalized, convenient and confidential mental health and well-being.
The new Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides holistic mental wellness services such as life coaching, legal and financial support, and mindfulness resources, in addition to counseling sessions.
Henry Low, Country Manager, Amazon Singapore, shared, “Access to mental health care has become increasingly important as we all continue to face different daily challenges.” He added that the organization’s intention is “to break down barriers and unnecessary stigma around getting help”, and to ensure that its employees and their families feel safe and supported through the range of mental health services, as well as regular dialogue with employees on mental health.
In detail, the new Amazon Singapore EAP includes the following to all full-time employees and their families:
- Life coaching sessions with a Certified Wellness Coach to help you navigate life transitions and maximize personal and professional growth.
- Access to webinars, personalized advice and resources on topics such as career development, travel and leisure, parenting, healthy living, consumer advice, personal growth and adapting to the following a natural disaster.
- Interactive self-care programs, including computer-based cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness resources, and classes that guide individuals through self-paced, evidence-based treatment for anxiety, stress, depression, drug addiction, sleep disorders, etc.
- Free one-on-one counseling sessions for employees and their families, with access to three sessions per person, per topic with the option to be in person, by phone, video or text.
- Crisis and suicide prevention support and access to a licensed mental health clinician 24/7.
- Work life support for day-to-day needs, including help with referrals for child and elder care, movers and other personal services.
“All permanent Amazon employees receive the same basic benefits, regardless of role, level or position – from company executives to front-line employees in fulfillment centers preparing orders for customers” , reiterated the organization.
Read also: LUXASIA Group launches mental health leave for employees
Picture / 123RF
Follow us on Telegram and on Instagram @humanresourcesonline for all the latest HR and workforce news from across the region!